Thursday, August 16, 2012

Happy 3!!!


1 Corinthians 13 1-13
1If I speak in the tonguesa of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. 3If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames,b but have not love, I gain nothing.
4Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
8Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 9For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears. 11When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. 12Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.
13And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

This was one of the readings during our church wedding last October 8, 2011. We chose this ourselves because for us, that is how love should be.
We have been happily married for 3 years already, and we’ve been wed 3 times also. funny isn’t it? hehehe. My husband and i find it very amusing.We would always say that no one could ever break our bond of marriage because we were wed three times. And this is how it all goes.
My husband and I decided that we were going to get married as soon as i finish school and after i will take the board exam. The plan changed suddenly, i got pregnant! I was pregnant with our son Thirdy by the time we decided we wanted to tie the knot now!. I was 5 months pregnant then, so to not give any more complications for when i give birth (like my son’s birth certificate and passports and all) we decided to have a simple civil wedding. So both of our families planned to have it on JUNE 25, 2009. My father called up his friend who was a mayor of a certain town near us to preside our wedding. And since there were lots of requirements for us to comply and i was too tired to come back and forth to the town office, my father sent someone to do the work for us. We were very sure that everything was in place in time for the wedding. When June 25th came, we went early to the municipal town to check if we really had a schedule on that day. To our surprise, we cant be wed on that day because we didn’t came back to let our parents sign the permits (i was 22 back then, and it was part of their law that if the girl being married has not yet reached the age of 25 one of her parent has to sign a permission letter, for the boys, he has to be 25 also) To make the long story short, my dad called up the mayor and good thing he was a good friend of ours, he agreed to do the ceremony without the papers yet and that we have to come back after 10 days to sign the papers to be processed in the Civil registry. 
so after 10 days, we went back and check the papers to be submitted already. our new wedding date would have to be July 6, 2009. then i realized i don’t like the number 6, so i asked the lady in charge if i could change our marriage date to July 8, 2009. And she agreed. so our permanent wedding date that was passed to the Civil  registrar was JULY 8, 2009.
Image
This was us during our june 25th wedding. 

Image
see how big my tummy was? hehehe
2 years after we decided to tie the knot again! this time, we wanted to have God’s blessing! we had our church wedding last October 8, 2011. which was one of the happiest days of our lives! being married in front of God and in front of all the people who were there to witness our love.
Image
finally!! this is us during our church wedding last October 8, 2011
We decided to celebrate our anniversary every July 8, so as not to forget the exact date that was passed to the Civil Registrar and all important documents that we have.
happy to have reached 3 years with my love! praying to reach a hundred more years with him! 

No comments:

Post a Comment