Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Don’t be afraid of your past

20120822-230837.jpg

Photo credits to ZsaZsa Bellagio

“Don’t let your past dictate who you are, but let it be part of who you will become.” -My Big Fat Greek Wedding (2002)

Saw this reposted on twitter, and I agree on what it says. For me,I chose to look at life in a very positive way. The things that happened in the past, the mistakes I made are Life’s greatest lesson to me. If I hadn’t dome those things, I wouldnt have what I have right now. Everyone I think has that one mistake that you wish you could undo. That one mistake that made tou wish that you could have done something. I believe that everything happens for a reason.I may not have known it before, but I know today that I learned many valuable lessons. Sometimes, some people think negatively of the past. It’s as if as something that’s chasing you. For me, my past is a reminder to me of how human I am. That I make mistakes, I learn from it, and it made me a better person that I am today. I have always asked myself before, why do people leave and hurt me so much? At that time I would always doubt myself if I have been a good person or not. Then, I came to realize that those persons who came and left me or those people who have hurt me in the past, or those that led me to make bad decisions before are just instruments to make me be thankful for what I have today.

I beleive that you create your own destiny, this day will become your past, make the most of it. Life is what you make it. Dont be afraid or be ashamed of your past, because if you look inside yourself, you know deep down that somewhere in your past, you learned great leasons in life. Think positive always, you control your life. Don’t bither listening to people who are constantly bringing you down because of the things that you did in the past. Rise up and prove to them that you are now a better person because you survived the hardships and trials that went your way.

I can say, that I am a living proof that the pastdoes not define you. It is what molds you into a better person for others! It made me realize that I should value life and love myself more. That’s why today I feel so blessed to have my husband and son with me. Other people may judge me, but as long as I have faith in God that I can do better and rise up above all the trials and hardships, there’s no use of being afraid of the past!

Think positive, all is not lost. Always remember that Life is a journey, not a problem to be solved. Enjoy every bit of it, have fun today, for tommorw is uncertain. All we can is just pray that the Lord will guide us through our everyday decisions.

Good vibes to all of you my dear readers! =)







via WordPress http://yanimae.wordpress.com/2012/08/22/dont-be-afraid-of-your-past/

No comments:

Post a Comment